Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Carbon Neutral Underwear from Marks & Spencer!

Your pants (TGW) - Marks & Spencer (M&S), the U.K.’s largest clothier, has announced that it is selling carbon neutral underwear and bras.

The undergarments are produced in a carbon neutral factory in Thulhiriya, Thailand.

The factory uses evaporative cooling, carefully designed windows, turf roofs, and renewable energy to be green. The plant uses 40% less energy than a normal plant and 90% of its energy comes from hydropower and the other 10% from onsite solar panels.

The factory cost about 25% more than a normal factory to build, but the extra costs are expected to be offset by energy savings within five years

Via :: The Economist

1 comments:

dfadf said...

follow up with another email after a few days
Microsoft Office
often acknowledging that maybe the person
Office 2010
didn't get my message due to email trouble on my
Microsoft Office 2010
end (which, when I was in graduate school, was
Office 2010 key
For repeat offenders, I just use the phone whenever
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010