U.S. (TGW) – Pizza Fusion will open San Diego’s first ever Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified restaurant in May.
Pizza Fusion, which only builds LEED certified restaurants, proclaimed it the “most environmentally sustainable restaurant in America.”
The company uses hybrids to deliver its pizza and wind turbines to generate electricity.
Pizza Fusion's LEED certified restaurants reduce water waste by 40 percent and electricity consumption by 20 percent annually.
The restaurant in Sand Diego eliminates the use of water heaters and air heating units by recycling heat from their ovens to warm their water and the restaurants themselves.
Other elements of sustainability include:
• countertops made from 100% recycled detergent bottles
• bamboo flooring
• 30% recaptured industrial concrete
• ceiling panels made from 74% recycled aluminum cans and 24% post industrial
• USG Gypsum Board made from pre-used drywall
• insulation made from recycled blue jeans
• ceiling baffles made from recycled composite board
• low voltage and low heat lighting
• seat cushions made with soybean oil
• furniture made from reclaimed wood
• 100 percent post consumer toilet paper in their bathrooms
Via :: Press Release